Thursday, July 26, 2012

Recipes with Chelsea: The Laziest Recipes of Them All

I couldn't sleep last night (do you know how stressful it is to be able to do anything you want? I am losing my mind with all this freedom), so I made fruit tacos.

I GUESS technically they are turnovers, but doesn't fruit taco sound more enticing? I swear it made them taste better, too.

If you would like to make your own, here's what you do:

Make pie dough (vegan, but then cheat and add an egg yolk) from scratch. Use your grandma's recipe.

Take all of the berries, mash them together, dump in two baby handfuls (one regular person's handful) of flour and one of raw sugar. Mix.

Grab a wine bottle or the most evenly rounded pint glass you can find, and roll that pie dough out. Become aware that you do not have any cookie cutters because they're still packed up in god knows which box, use the lid from the coffee grounds container to cut the dough into circles.


Place the circles on a baking sheet, fill them with berry mixture, pinch them sides together like you're rolling a soft taco, and put in your 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Remember to check on them as soon as you think to yourself "holy mahn does my apartment smell like amazing berries right now".

Put some vanilla coconut milk ice cream on that bad boy and go to town.

No comments: